Start date: Arranged on a date convenient for you
Who is the course for: Aspiring, New and Existing Supervisors and Managers
Duration: 2 Day Course
The role of a Supervisor includes a range of responsibilities and challenges to be mastered. This Supervisor Training Course clarifies exactly what these responsibilities are and the skills needed to perform the role effectively in order to succeed in the workplace.Enquire about this training course
Supervisor Training Course Aim
This supervisor training course provides delegates with the necessary skills to effectively supervise their staff with confidence. Using practical and modern management techniques delegates will gain a complete understanding of their responsibilities and how to carry out these responsibilities effectively and with the desired result. We understand that since the coronavirus pandemic, working conditions and dynamics may have changed at short notice. For this reason, we tailor our courses to make sure you are getting the most out of your training and that everything you learn is specific to your working conditions.
What is the Training Course Content?
We tailor all our courses to reflect the needs of the organisation together with the individual needs of each delegate. We use a combination of theory and exercises designed to develop delegates’ supervisor skills.
Real-life work scenarios can be built into the training to support the learning and help to generate ideas and solutions that can be implemented in the workplace.
Supervisor Training Course Support Material
On the day, a colour printed workbook with techniques, tips and space for notes will be available to all delegates for their personal use.
Here are a number of learning outcomes from the Supervisor Training Course that highlight the responsibilities of an effective supervisor:
- Know how to plan, define, co-ordinate and direct team tasks
- Understand how to agree and maintain common objectives, targets and standards
- Recognise how to Empower, support and motivate both individuals and teams
- Identify problems and make decisions
- Know why, when and how to develop effective communication skills
- Identify effective time and priority management
- Be able to resolve conflict and disagreements
- Be able to create and develop strategies for building and maintaining diverse relationships, blending skills and attributes in order to enhance performance
- Know how to review methods for delegating tasks effectively in order to meet organisational goals and objectives
- Understand how to evaluate team performance
Supervisor Training Course Preparation
Being able to communicate is a key area of being a good supervisor. Whether you’re providing instructions or answering queries, having a good grasp of verbal and written communication is essential. Whilst waiting to attend your course, please find some relevant and useful communication tips to get you started. This preparation will allow you to hit the ground running when you begin your supervisor training course.Get in touch to learn more
- Understand The Role of the Supervisor
- Differences between Supervisors and Managers
- Attributes of Supervisors and Managers
- Newly promoted Supervisors
- Identify the tasks associated with a Supervisor
- Identify the skills and abilities to perform the role of Supervisor
- Actions of a Supervisor
'Delivered really well, not death by power point. One of the best Courses in my 25 year working life.'
James, The Environment Agency
'Tutor engaged entire group, was flexible to our needs and everyone took something away from the Course.'
Alex, BAE Systems
'Communication, coaching and resolving issues were all new to me. Extremely helpful to learn as well as being very well taught.'
Ryan, My 1st Years