Start date: Arranged on a date convenient for you
Who is the course for: Aspiring, New and Existing Managers
Duration: One day course
An appraisal is an opportunity for a Manager to understand the needs of their staff and for the staff to learn what is expected of them, recognise their contribution and agree the support needed to enhance performance.Enquire about this training course
The Aim of the Appraisals Training Course
This appraisals training course will match the skill level of your appraisers and the culture of your business. Your managers will learn how to set objectives, create development plans, and what to do after the appraisal has taken place to ensure the performance appraisal process is continuous, meaningful, positive and worthwhile. Unlocking the productivity and potential of employees is a key responsibility of every manager. Performance appraisals are a powerful way of developing staff and maximising their potential.
What content does the Appraisals Training Course cover?
All of our courses are tailored to reflect the needs of the organisation together with the individual needs of each delegate. We use a mix of theory and exercises designed to develop delegates’ appraisals skills. We can also integrate real-life work examples into the training to support the learning and help to generate ideas and solutions that can be used in the workplace. This work-relevant training will be particularly useful as it will provide delegates with an opportunity to gain realistic appraisals training experience.
The course support material
A bespoke workbook with tips and techniques will be provided to all delegates attending the course.
Here are a number of learning outcomes from the Appraisals Training Course:
- Understand how to successfully implement the GROW Model
- Be able to evaluate the performance
- Recognise how to empower, support and motivate your reportee
- Identify what behaviours hinder and what behaviours help build rapport with your reportee
- Improved one to one communication skills
- Understand how to tackle poor performance
- Recognise what actions to take when poor performance is identified
- Be able to agree on clear objectives, targets with measurable outcomes
- Understand how to effectively use a SMART Action Plan
- Know how and when to use the AID Coaching Model
How to prepare for the Appraisals Training Course
Whilst waiting to attend your course, please read our case study ‘Learn to enhance your skills and techniques when managing staff‘ to see how we supported the management team of an organisation to fully engage their staff in the appraisal process. Before we begin the course, we will provide you with all the materials you need to hit the ground running. To find out more about what you will learn, feel free to contact us today and speak with a member of our team.Get in touch to learn more
- The aim of staff appraisals
- Potential benefits of an appraisal system
- Using an appraisal as a motivational tool
- The steps of an appraisal
- Appraisal outcomes including planning
- Handling the underperformer
- Performance management
'Very interactive, great stories and examples given. Very relateable.'
'Graeme was great, definitely sold the appraisal system to all delegates.'
Terri, New Homes Law
'Brilliantly engaging, realistic examples. Right balance of topics and engagement.'