Project Management Training
Start date: Arranged on a date convenient for you
Who is the course for: Individuals responsible for work based projects
Duration: One day course
Great project management means much more than delivering a project. There is the need to deliver on time, within budget, and scope. It unites clients and teams, creates a vision for a successful project, and gets everyone on the same page of what is needed to stay on track for success.Enquire about this training course
The Cambridge Dictionary defines Project Management as ‘the activity of organising and controlling a project’.
Project Management plays a key role in achieving a business goal successfully. It is the process which involves:
- managing tasks and resources.
Project Management Training Course Aim
Projects are a natural part of working life, with project skills usually beginning long before we start work. School projects, do-it-yourself projects, social events and a range of other planned activities have already provided us with basic project management skills.
The aim of this project management training course is to provide you with skills that you can use in your work. Technical complexities are avoided in favour of step-by-step techniques to help you achieve successful development, implementation and completion of all types of projects.
Project Management Training Course Content
We tailor all our courses to reflect the needs of the organisation together with the individual needs of each delegate. We use a mix of theory and exercises designed to develop delegates’ knowledge and understanding. Real-life work scenarios can be built into the training to support the learning and help to generate ideas and solutions that can be used in the workplace.
Your support material
A bespoke workbook with tips and techniques will be provided to all delegates attending the course.
What are the learning outcomes?
Here are a number of learning outcomes from the Project Management Training Course:
- Know the difference between a Matrix and a Project Team organisation
- Understand how project management achieves co-ordinated performance
- Identify what three basic ingredients are required to ensure the delivery of a successful project
- Recognise the four main stages of project management
- Understand the eight steps that are typical of the actions required for final project definition
- Identify how a SWOT analysis can easily be adapted for effective project planning
- Recognise how the five M’s can facilitate project planning
- Know how to implement a reporting process at the start of the project in order to monitor progress
- Be able to evaluate the project upon completion in order to gain a measure of the project’s success and see what lessons could have been learnt along the way
- Identify what problems can arise as a result of poor project management
- Recognise why the Pareto Principle is a useful tool for a project manager to use
- Understand why, when and how to develop effective communication skills
A summary of the course
You will obtain the skills and knowledge from this course which will enable you to become an effective, trusted and valued project manager. It will show you how to manage a project properly in order that there is a positive impact that reverberates beyond the delivery of ‘the stuff’.
Whilst waiting to attend your course, please read this relevant and useful article to get you started. This preparation will allow you to hit the ground running when you begin your project management training course.Get in touch to learn more
- What is Project Management?
- The Project Manager's Role
- Project Definition
- Project Planning
- Project Implementation
- Project Completion
Excellent course, Graeme was great.
Joseph, Queen Ethelburga's Collegiate