Start date: Arranged on a date convenient for you
Who is the course for: Senior Members of Staff who wish to support and develop less experienced colleagues
Duration: One day course
A Mentor is an individual with a particular skill\knowledge who establishes a professional relationship (formal or informal) with a less experienced colleague (mentee) for the purpose of supporting the knowledge learning of the mentee. This Course provides the specialised skills required whilst providing a bespoke framework for both the Mentor and Mentee to work within.Enquire about this training course
The goal of the Mentoring Training Course
This mentoring course provides delegates with the required skills to effectively mentor with confidence. On the day we use practical and modern mentoring techniques to provide delegates with a complete understanding of how to mentor. We also ensure that their mentee achieves success with their goals.
Mentoring is a technique designed to support mentees to find success in their chosen profession. For instance, good mentoring can do two things; it empowers the mentee to develop their own strengths, beliefs, and personal attributes as well as providing invaluable development and a sense of job fulfilment for the mentor.
What content will be covered?
We tailor all our courses to reflect the needs of the organisation together with the individual needs of each delegate. We use a combination of theory and exercises designed to develop delegates’ mentoring skills. In addition, real-life work scenarios can be built into the training to support the learning and help generate ideas and solutions that can be used in the workplace. Delegates will gain real hands-on experience with mentoring, regardless of their working environment. We have years of experience and expertise in this type of training. We can easily adjust to your particular needs to ensure we provide a complete solution.
Mentoring Training Course support material
A colour printed workbook with techniques, tips and space for notes will be available to all delegates on the day, for their personal use.
What are the Learning Outcomes?
Here are a number of learning outcomes from the Mentoring Training Course:
- Understand the difference between a Mentor, Coach and Counsellor
- Be able to create an environment for a successful Mentoring relationship
- Know how to agree and set clear objectives with measurable outcomes
- Be able to build rapport and confidence with your mentee
- Understand how to Empower, support and motivate your mentor
- Know how to review the progress of the Mentoring Programme to make sure the needs of the mentee are being met
- Understand the length and outcome of the Mentoring relationship
- Improved one to one communication skills
- Identify how to resolve mentoring conflict
A summary of the Mentoring Training Course
This course will provide you with the skills and knowledge to become an effective, trusted and valued mentor. Whilst waiting to attend your course, please read our Case Study ‘The Benefits of Mentoring in Today’s Society’ to see how we supported a client with their mentoring scheme. There are many advantages to having strong mentoring skills, particularly in the post-coronavirus environment when many team members are working remotely.
Get in touch to learn more
- Understanding the role of the Mentor and Mentee
- Understanding the benefits of the Mentor and Mentee to an Organsation
- Mentoring Framework
- The phases of Mentoring
- Expectations of a Mentor
- How to be an effective Mentor
- Mentoring Outcomes
- Mentor and Mentee requirements
'Very enthusiastic and kept energy up. The time whizzed past!'
Emma, Kings College London
'Very good, engaging and understanding facilitator.'
Natalie, Crown Commercial Service
'Well structured, good balance of teaching and activities.'